A couple of weeks ago, a small delegation of Team Wonderush members hit up the guys at GB Active to try out their bootcamp sessions. Now, there are loads of bootcamps out there. In fact, while we were in Green Park we were working out with at least four other bootcamp companies around us. But we were doing ours with a legit member of actual Team GB, so we knew we were special.
It’s only natural for the mind to wonder a bit when you’re exercising, and in the course of our daydreaming (and/or hallucinations due to our physical unfitness) we put together a list of things that will definitely happen when you do a boot camp for the first time.
- No matter how much you think you can’t go on, you will always manage to go on.
- “You will always manage to go on” does not mean you won’t complain. You will definitely complain.
- You will find out that you are less fit than you think you are.
- It will be super-tempting to decide that it looks like it’s going to rain and just leave. Don’t do that.
- You will feel very smug if you can do more press ups than somebody.
- You will finally realise what resistance bands are used for.
- You will learn that they are for torture. Resistance bands are used for torture.
- You will want to show off at some point. You will show off at some point.
- You will regret not opting for the easier level exercises when you definitely should have done that.
- You will be happier to spend time in a tent than you ever have been in your life. Because at least it is not planking.
- You will be planning your humblebrags and fitness-based jokes for the next day even as you start to suspect you might die.
- You will suddenly discover, about twenty minutes in, that the endorphin high is a real and brilliant thing, and you will vow to chase it forever. After a brief pitstop on the sofa, anyway.
If we’ve whet your appetite you can try out a GB Active bootcamp session through Wonderush here. Hope to see you out and about at something awesome soon!